Clara Gorrias & Álex Dee – Sweet, Sweet, Sweet
Clara and Álex have been great friends since they met studying music at ESMUC (Barcelona). They have worked together in many projects, played together quite a few times. They know, support and respect each other a lot, and one day they decided -in quite a jokish style– to record 3 of their favourite songs that started with the word sweet together. It ended up being a beautiful album of 9 songs, in collaboration with many, many friends of theirs, that I had the pleasure to be trusted to integrate. The production of the album was lead by them, and each and every song of the album presents a different universe, which I consider a gift to the audience –and to me, of course–. I feel very grateful for this opportunity, that brought me to meet, work and learn from amazing musicians, starting by Álex and Clara, who I consider to be amazing singers. It's been a huge learning process, to engineer and mix such a beatufiul and delicate album. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- Production kickoff:May 2023
- Release date:Oct 2023
- Art:Alex Dee, Clara Gorrias & Andreu Marquès
- Producers: Clara Gorrias, Álex Dee
- Mix: Andreu Marquès
- Master: Oriol Padrós
- Sweet Baby: (George Duke) 1981. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice. Adri González: rhodes, piano. Recorded by Adri González at Trampoline Music
- Sweetest Somebody I Know: (Stevie Wonder) 2005. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice. Carme Canela: background vocals. Rita Payés: trombone. Jurandir dã Silva: guitar. Alan Sousa: pandeiro, tamborim, shaker.
- Sweet Baby James: (James Taylor) 1970. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice. Andreu Marquès: background vocals. Amaia Miranda: guitar. David Soler: pedal steel.
- Sweet Potato Pie: (Al Jarreau) 1975. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice. Pedro Campos: bass. Andreu Moreno: drums. Recorded by David García at Z Estudios.
- Sweet Thing: (Chaka Khan) 1975. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice. Andreu Marquès: background vocals. Carme Canela: backing vocals. Oriol Padrós: guitar. Martín Leiton: bass.
- Sweet Love: (Anita Baker) 1986. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice, string arrangement. String quartet: Ioan Haffner: violin 1. Eugenia Paniza: violin 2. Adrià Gorrias: viola. Eva Otero: violoncello. Strings recorded by Raül Juan at LavLabMusic.
- Sweet Exorcist: (Curtis Mayfield) 1974. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice, string arrangement. Pablo Selnik: flute. Abel Boquera: hammond organ. Enric Peinado: electric guitar.
- Sweet Bird: (Joni Mitchell) 1975. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice, string arrangement. Kquimi Saigi: synths & programming. KEys recorded by Kquimi Saigi at BSO Studios.
- Sweet Lorraine: (C. Burwell/M. Parish) 1928. Clara Gorrias: voice. Alex Dee: voice, string arrangement. Carme Canela: voice. Toni Saigi: piano. Recorded by Pau Romero at BeatGarden Studios.
- All vocals recorded by Andreu Marquès except for Sweet Lorraine and Sweet Baby